Frequently Asked Questions
A fast way to some answers you can find in this compendium.
- Should I choose a water table or downdraft table?
The SPIRIT® II plasma systems feature the unique FineLine™ high definition plasma cutting technology that delivers unequaled performance in cut quality at lower operational costs. We provide the best cut quality over consumable life by achieving the least part taper over the life of the electrode, while using an average of 48% less plasma gas than our competition. Couple this with faster cutting speeds and longer consumable life thanks to our Hafnium Optimizing Technology™, and the choice is clear.
Some of the feature improvements of SPIRIT® II include:
- Flexibility to select between automatic or manual gas console
- On-board CAN communications enable single wire setup
- Optional built-in INOVA™ plasma cutting torch height control system reduces connection cable requirements
- Patented starting technology eliminates high frequency noise concerns
- Remotely mounted operator’s pendant with touchscreen that is larger and easier to use
- Faster proportional valve gas regulation
- Plasma marking with nitrogen or argon
If you plan on cutting multiple material types (mild steel, stainless, aluminum, etc.) during a shift, and plan to do so regularly, then the automatic gas console is the best choice. This PC-based control requires the operator to input only the material type and thickness, then it automatically selects the optimum cutting amperage, the gasses needed to cut the material, and finally sets the correct pressures according to the pre-loaded cutting charts.
The answer to this question lies in your current cutting machine configuration. PHANTOM II ST is designed for use with a one or two plasma or oxyfuel torch set up. The PHANTOM II incorporates a built-in Operators Console that contains full functionality for two plasma stations and up to six oxyfuel torches. The BURNY 10 LCD PLUS requires an external Operators Console, which can support oxyfuel, plasma, waterjet or laser cutting. All three CNC models utilize the same 15 in. (381mm) TFT USB touchscreen and BURNY software.